CloXar Entertainment
You must Login or Register to view or post on the forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CloXar Entertainment
You must Login or Register to view or post on the forums.
CloXar Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Developer Recruitment

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Developer Recruitment Empty Developer Recruitment

Post by Jack Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:51 am

NOTE: This was posted on another message board by me. So please understand.

Hello, I am Izoe96 (Jack on my forums) and this is my first post. So I am not too sure if this is the right place to post, anyway... I think it is

To start I am going to say sorry for going off topic (if I do - apart from this part). I am renown for going off topic on forums...

Okay, lets begin.

I am looking for members to help me and about five other admins/developers of our group. We are CloXar Entertainment. And I need people to help us boost our free MMORPG forward. We need the following...

3D Models (with a kinda medieval genre for a RPG)

We need 3D

Characters,
Farm Models,
Houses,
Castles,
Horses,
NPCs,
and other kinda 3D Models like trees, plants and things like that

We need people that can make some scripts (we are using Realm Crafter at first and then moving onto other programs like Torque).

We will also need story writers, this is essential... I can not write a whole storyline to this game by myself, the story writers get the easyiest job (unless you can not write stories too well A.K.A Me) as they can also just give ideas for the game.
OTHER JOBS ARE NEEDED

For more info, please sign up at my forums www.cloxar.co.uk. And apply to be a developer in the general forum.

-Jack
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

http://cloxar.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Developer Recruitment Empty Application!

Post by ronitopp Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:44 am

Hi, my name's Ronitopp, Olli in real life!

I'm 15 years old and live in Finland. I've tried to make an MMORPG by myself, but it just hasn't worked out too well, haven't got enough time or money Very Happy

But now I'm applying for Storywriter here, and hoping to get the job!
I have maybe a year of experience working with MMORPG, and I've developed storylines and skillnames and all that stuff since I was...11 or something Very Happy

Hope anyone'll reply soon!

Ronitopp
ronitopp
ronitopp
Normal

http://www.devon.fi/

Back to top Go down

Developer Recruitment Empty Re: Developer Recruitment

Post by Frempt Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 am

Hi Ronitopp, welcome to the forums.

Do you have a sample of a (short) story you've written so we can see what your style is like?

Hope to hear from you soon.

James.
Frempt
Frempt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:45 am

Thank you for posting. I am now moving it to the correct place. Sorry it was not too visible, it is fixed now Very Happy
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronitopp Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:16 pm

Should I post it here, or make a new topic for it? Because it's kinda long...Smile
ronitopp
ronitopp
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Frempt Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:54 am

Just post it here, if we want it in a different place it can be moved no problem.
Frempt
Frempt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronitopp Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:25 am

okay...here it comes Very Happy

History:

The world of Strathas has been in existance for longer than any records show, but recent studies show that the realm may have been created about 1200 years ago.

The Age of Creation:

This age was from years 1-250, and under this the world was created.
There was a god named Aporca, who created Strathas. It took over five years to create the world, and under these years she created everything from the geography of Strathas to the different races.

There was originally three races, who lived side by side. There was the mighty human, the versatile goblins, and the mysterious vampires.
But, in 104, there begun a war between these three races. This war would be latter known as the War of Cultures. The vampires grew bloodthirstier than ever (a trick of evolution!), and soon they began hunting for animals, such as lambs, cows and hounds, to treat their new needs.
This was of course not received good with the humans. They didn't want the vampires killing their animals, and thereby King Strahmhammer of the humans in the beginning of september 104 ruled the vampire clan to stay away from their animals, or else they would use deadly force to hold them out.
The goblins never actually had anything to do with this war, as they kept mostly to their self in the Eastern Lands, but the ruler of the goblins, Dictator Kraahl Tinkertorque, had an alliance with the humans, which also included helping the human race in any war if they so needed the help. So, the wars began, and they would continue for over 10 years. But, in 118 Strahmhammer, Tinkertorque and the vampyric Overlord Bloodslith declared peace in Strathaste (the capital of Strathas) in July 21, which had many actions.
At first, the Alliance between the Goblins and the Humans had to break, and no Alliances shall be created without the permission of the three races rulers.
There was also new mapping for each race, where they could live. The Humans got Strathaste (after a lot of gold and arguments) and everything around it. The Goblins got the Southern Isles and Marchaste and Zalharg in the east. The vampires got their normal areas to the west, and also The Netherwild to the northwest and the Northern Grawoods.

This was the Age of Creation, which lasted about 250 years. Now we move into the Age of Alliances!

The Age of Alliances:

The Age of Alliances was a golden age of evolution, lasting from year 251 to 1036. In this long period of time many Alliances was created, but some civilizations were also broken or crushed.

The Age began quietly, with the Peace in Strathaste still going on, but that was going to change.
It all began when the Goblins started to revolute against Dictator Kraahl Tinkertorque III, because of his ruling skills and tyrant grip of the Goblin Race. Kraahl would eventually be assasined in 318.

Tinkertorque had a personal army of Goblins. It was built of over 300 Goblins (the Goblin Race was approximately 15000 in it's number), but these Goblins were trained to the limit of Goblin power. They knew mystical spells and curses that no other race knew of, and because of that there was no cure to the curses and no counterspell for the spells.

Kraahl had a general, General Hether Forcecraft, who was very loyal to him. Or so he thought. For real General Forcecraft was a spy, sent by the GPSO, the Goblin Peasant Spy Organization, to gather information about Tinkertorque. In august 318, Forcecraft got a short message:

Assassin Dictator Kraahl Tinkertorque III.

This message was short, but it's message was clear. And this is what Forcecraft did. He got later the death sentence by the Tinkertorque' personal army.
After this action, the Goblins fled the Goblin Lands, and settled for a group of isles south of the Southern Isles, nowadays called Free Man Isles.

By the time the message of Dictator Kraahl Tinkertorque III was killed spread to the rulers of
the other two races, panic attacked. The Peace in Strathaste had only been in use if the Tinkertorque family was alive and ruling, or if another ruler had been appointed. Now that the last person of the Tinkertorque family tree was dead, the Peace was no more.
The Peace in Strathaste had also hold the more aggresive races of Strathas, like the Worgen, the Wild Beings and other creatures, from advancing into the civilized worlds. Now that the peace was dead, these creatures could pass into any territory.

Thereby, Overlord Bloodslith IV and King Strahnhammer Junior II created the Defenders Alliance to protect their lands from the other races. Because the Goblins were not noted of this Alliance, they of course got angry. This resulted in that the Goblin Race locked themselves to the Free Man Isles and the Southern Isles (Some minor Cults were created in the Mainland, but they live to themselves, killing everyone who trespass their territory).

They built Watchtowers and walls to surround the civilized world from the brutal kins.
The Defenders Alliance lasted through the Age of Alliances and all the way into the Modern Age.

The Lich Age:

The Lich Age was from 1037 to 1052.

The Age started with a serious threat.
In the north, norther than the Northern Grawoods and the Netherwild, a new threat lurked. Norther than these two places is only the seas, and the Storms of Death. And the reason to the threat is inside the Storms of Death. No man, vampire, goblin or anyone else for that matter have ever sailed into the Storms of Death, and come back to tell about it.
But inside the Storms of Death, a new race lived. This is the Lich, ruled by the tyrant Lich Overlord Chaear'thas Deathstorm, and they want to rule over more than just the Storms of Death. They want the whole Strathas.

The Lich lives on the Frozen Highlands, above the Mountains of Horror in the High North. The Frozen Highlands are inaccesible from the ground, because the Mountains of Horror protect the Lich territory.

In July 1040, King Strahnhammer Junior IV received a letter from the Mountains of Horror, adressed to him from Deathstorm. The letter said as following:

Greetings, Rightren Strahnhammer Junior IV.
Your race has lived in peace for a long time, in the Defenders Alliance with the Vampires, but this is about to change.
I have recently recruited a Vampire Clan named The Graashat'as Clan to my reigh, and they will help me convert the rest of the Vampires to my grip. And as you read this letter, Overlord Bloodslith VII is sending an army to Strathaste, in plans to take over this human city.
I have also sent my army of the Undead to help the Vampires, and together you do not stand a chance.

Prepare your people for a bloody war, Rightren. It will not end unless I get control of Strathaste, and the human territory around it.

Overlord Chaear'thas Deathstorm

And he didn't speak lies.

A war broke out, more deadly than any war there's ever been. This war, latter being remembered as the War on Freedom, lasted for many years.

Year 1045, five years after the beginning of the War on Freedom.
The lands are dead and broken, Strathaste has fallen and the Lich controlls all of Strathas.

Not all. Not the Free Man Isles and the Southern Isles.
The Goblins has conjured a fatal storm which has protected their race from being reached by the Lich Army.
Small amounts of humans has escaped to the Netherwild, which is also protected from the Lich Overlord by the Goblins, where they have settled nomadic camps.

Strahnhammer Junior IV, now old and broken, has fled to the Free Man Isles, where he was welcomed. Not warmthy, but still welcomed.
Now he has a plan.

He has a son, Creatas Strahnhammer, who is now willing to travel to the Frozen Highlands, and take care of the Lich Overlord once for all.
And so Creatas travelled to the Frozen Highlands, through the Netherwild to gather more recources.

When Creatas reached the Mountains of Horror, he summoned the Flying Gargoyle of Hellfire, and flew high above the Mountains of Horror, till he landed atop the Frozen Highlands.

He then travelled to the Lich Palace, where Overlord Deathstorm ruled with his tyrant grip of Strathas.
He confronted Deathstorm, with his Freezedeath-highsword in one hand, and a Symbol of Aporca in the other hand. He demanded Deathstorm to leave the human world, and never come back.

But Deathstorm didn't give up that easily. He fought Creatas Strahnhammer, and it was a bloody, long fight.

Deathstorm won in the end, but before Creatas died, he read out a Plague which made his sword take his soul when he died.
And when Creatas died, Deathstorm took the sword. At the moment that Deathstorms dead hand touched the Freezedeath, Creatas soul sucked into Chaear'thas Deathstorm. Now, Creatas being inside Deathstorm, he took the Freezedeath and stabbed Deathstorm straight into his cold dead heart.

And then they both died.

This was the end of the tyrant Lich Overlord's tyranny over Strathas.
But the Vampires didn't give up their hate against the Humans so easily. The Vampires was confuncted by the Lich Overlord, making their race hate everything but the Lich race.

Thereby the Vampires was in war with the Humans, and also the Goblins.
But the lands were still dead, and nothing lived in Strathas.

Then Lord Aporca confronted all the races in Strathas. She said that she would rebuild the world to its normal style.

This was the end of the Lich Age, and now begins the Age of Recreation.

The Age of Recreation:

The Age of Recreation was from the years 1053 to about 1199. The exact end date is unknown, because Lord Aporca stopped time in a special way, unknown to any of the races of Strathas.

There is not known much about this Age, other than that Aporca recreated the state of Strathas to what it was in the beginning.

After the Age of Recreation, we enter the Modern Age. This Age is what we live now, and it is constantly developing for a greater future.
ronitopp
ronitopp
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 am

Haha I will read it now, and Frempt will read it after his lunch break... If he hasn't gone off out somewhere Very Happy Stay online.
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronitopp Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:28 am

Will do Very Happy

EDIT: Just read this myself, and noticed some minor errors in grammatic, like "confuncted" which should be confunded Very Happy (Meaning charmed...)

Last edited by ronitopp on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding some information...)
ronitopp
ronitopp
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:36 am

ronitopp wrote:Will do Very Happy

I personally think it was great and I will continue reading, stay online as long as you can.

I will let you know after the reading is finished whether I think Frempt will like it as much as I do. You are better than he is at least. But yet you are also alot better than me so I think you are probably going to make it!
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:51 am

Great, I loved it. And we could use anyone on our team. I think you are aboard. I will began making some cool ranks and stuff like that. And Frempt will love this.

Well done.

Do you want to help us?
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronitopp Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:53 am

Alright, count me in! Smile
ronitopp
ronitopp
Normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:55 am

Great Very Happy
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Frempt Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:16 am

Great storyline, a few grammatical errors here and there but I can proof read no problem.

You've got my vote.
Frempt
Frempt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 am

Very Happy What did I say Very Happy
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neglected Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:00 pm

[b]Name: Neglected. Dan In Real Life.
Skills: I am VERY experienced in LUA [The Boss scripting language for MMOs], infact, check this out! http://www.ac-web.org/forums/tutorials/70966-lua-ultimate-tutorial-beginners-advanced-users-alike.html

^ i wrote it

Im applying to be a Storywriter and LUA scripter.
I can make Graphics for you guys too, easy stuff Smile
-Neglected

Neglected

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Neglected wrote:Name: Neglected. Dan In Real Life.
Skills: I am VERY experienced in LUA [The Boss scripting language for MMOs], infact, check this out! http://www.ac-web.org/forums/tutorials/70966-lua-ultimate-tutorial-beginners-advanced-users-alike.html

^ i wrote it

Im applying to be a Storywriter and LUA scripter.
I can make Graphics for you guys too, easy stuff Smile
-Neglected

Thank you for your interest. We do have room in our development area. Although, I do not know whether RealmCrafter supports any LUA. But I will check Pro. We could use some more storyline.

Could you [b]briefly
tell us what kind of Graphics. (EG/s: 3D Models, 2D Concept)
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neglected Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:10 pm

RealmCrafter Does Not support LUA. and it is also IMPOSSIBLE to make a succesful MMO using RealmCrafter, or any kind of "helper" program. they are designed for small games when you are first learning, i reccomend you re-strategise how you are going to do this / profit from this.

Neglected

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Neglected wrote:RealmCrafter Does Not support LUA. and it is also IMPOSSIBLE to make a succesful MMO using RealmCrafter, or any kind of "helper" program. they are designed for small games when you are first learning, i reccomend you re-strategise how you are going to do this / profit from this.

Here is a plan of what we (MAY) be doing.

Using RealmCrafter Combo, as it is cheap to buy, and we CAN make money. With a online store. And Google Adsense + Youtube.

Then we are moving onto Torque but we are still unsure of most our plans.

And then Abyssal with the MMO plug in.

This is all just building up our confidence. And we will work on our coding languages. It is just hard to get spare time to learn these things sometimes.
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neglected Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:21 pm

Basically, This is how a succesful MMO is made:

1. Get a team of dedicated developers who can work day and night and are experts in their field.
2. Put millions into RnD to create the latest graphics.
3. Have English graduates writing your story.
4. Have a marketing campaign going for a long time, everywhere, tv, buses, jackets, tatooed across your forehead.
5. Profit!

I dont think this is possible and that you guys should act as a non-profit for now..

Neglected

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Neglected wrote:Basically, This is how a succesful MMO is made:

1. Get a team of dedicated developers who can work day and night and are experts in their field.
2. Put millions into RnD to create the latest graphics.
3. Have English graduates writing your story.
4. Have a marketing campaign going for a long time, everywhere, tv, buses, jackets, tatooed across your forehead.
5. Profit!

I dont think this is possible and that you guys should act as a non-profit for now..

Yeah but, we are starting off small, and growing. We are also starting at a young age.

Me, I am 13. Frempt (my best mate) is 17 and is in College. ronitopp is in Finland and is my age.

Meaning that we are going to grow. Not just age wise, but mentally.

We do promise this will work. We have it all sust out, if you dissagree, why not join and just the Storyline and ART, and try to talk us into coding.
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neglected Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:36 pm

You guys could be 30 year old proffesionals but it will still take to long with just 3 people.
4 if im being counted in..

Have not decided yet.

Neglected

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Well, we are not sticking with Realm Crafter, and I am going to college. We are planning on moving on, this is just to make a starting game.

Also there is a lot more than 3 people.

John, Jake, Connor Mac, Ciaran, Grant, Nels. Very Happy But yeah, I know where you are coming from.

I have also asked Frempt (Co-founder and Co-Head of Development) to log on, and say hello.
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Engine Features:
Scripting language for you to customize your game further still.

That is RealmCrafter. Not sure if I can make is LUA. Razz
Jack
Jack
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neglected Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:56 pm

I forgot to mention i know HTML, XHTML, and CSS.
I can manage this website and make it better than anything you have ever seen.

Neglected

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next